Thursday, January 28, 2010

Model Making

I've been working over the past few days on constructing my contour site model using the laser cutter and Rhino. My first attempt went smoothly, although my model got resized to half scale. It will be able to serve as a process model easily. I am almost done completing the new, correctly scaled, hand which should be finished by tomorrow. Its taking a while and progress seems slow (most likely because there are over 400 pieces to it). I've been sketching some concept design for my device, which I plan on using parts of a rubber or latex glove as a base to add and subtract from. This material will serve as grips on the fingers that works with my narrative. I'll post the drawings soon, as well as my narrative and feedback after tomorrow's interim review.

Here is a photo showing my two site models. The larger is nearing completion.

-Shawn


No comments:

Post a Comment