Monday, March 8, 2010

Site

On Monday, we went down to New Orleans to take a look at the site for Project 2. The site is the New Orleans Port terminal near the RiveWalk, where the cruise ships dock. The more specific site I chose is a set of stairs with a fountain running down the middle. I believe that this would be a good place for the unit as I want to incorporate movement and motion into my unit somehow. My idea is to have the unit situated over the fountain, as to use the running water underneath to generate energy. Through later development, I am working on making the unit expand over parts of the existing 2 stairways and to create another pathway along the middle of the unit to provide a 'scenic route.' Below are some photos of the site and a Rhino model I have created of the stairs and fountain.






No comments:

Post a Comment