Thursday, February 4, 2010

Preliminary Design Work

My concept for the device is a reinvention of a glove design that will protect the hand and fingers from cuts, shield any existing cuts from getting infected with anthrax spores, as well as be able to support the technology to detect and irradiate any traces of anthrax. I plan on using technology similar to kinetic watches, that power the components using the movement of the hand and wrist.

A few days ago I began sketching out the overall form for the device. It will cover mainly the thumb, middle and index fingers, and part of the palm. I plan on using a latex or silicone rubber to add additional grip to the fingers for ease when managing papers. Here is the initial concept:
I also began to look at the movement of the hand and how certain areas work together and react to common movements associated with handling papers. Here are the first two studies. This research will aid me in determining where material from the device can be removed and how the structure the device.


No comments:

Post a Comment