Sunday, February 7, 2010

Weekend Update: Playing with Plaster

I began casting plaster molds of my hand, to use as another site model. This will allow me to use the latex forms I created earlier on a site identical in scale to my hand. The first one came out alright. The tips of the fingers are a bit messed up, but I believe I can patch up the problem areas. However, I wasn't fully satisfied with the finger placement, so I cast another one, which is still in the process of curing at the moment. Here are some pictures of the first plaster mold:



After smoothing and patching, I may experiment with covering the plaster model in latex to give it a better texture. Below is a more developed concept photo of the device. I wanted to organize the technology somehow, and found that the wristband would serve as a great place to run the components. The electronic parts run from the detector at the bottom of the palm, around the wrist, and up the back of the hand (where the kinetic battery will be located) and continues to the webbing between the index finger and thumb where the vent for the radiation is located.


I am still working on the face of the radiation device. That will be added to the webbing. I am also working out some specifics of the reverse side of the hand and will be posting that soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment